In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, May 11, 2015

Inquiring minds want to know.....What is it like being a Mom of Twins?



Inquiring Minds Want to Know……
What is it like being the
Mom of Twins?

Whenever I take my twin boys out in public, we get stopped by strangers who are just curious about twins.  I try to get out of the house a few times a week for my own sanity, so over the past year, I have been stopped quite a few times as people ooh and ah over not one, but two little babies.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I get stopped every time we go out.  I honestly don't think there has been a time when I have at least not been asked by the cashier if my double stroller is carrying twins, and then proceed to ask me more twin questions once they hear my answer "yes, they are twins".  If you are expecting twins, you should get used to this. 

First, people always ask if I have twins.... then they confirm that they are boy twins....they then proceed to tell me I must have my hands full....and then they ask about twin life.  I know this may annoy some mom of multiples, but it doesn't really bother me.  There is something about having more than one baby that just makes inquiring minds want to know ~ What it is like to have twins?

Since it is the month of May, and we just celebrated Mother's Day, I plan on writing a post each remaining day of this month about my mom of twin life.  I'm certainly not a twin expert, as I've only been the mom of twins for a little over a year, but I will try to answer some of the basic and most common questions I get asked.  And I'll even try to tackle the topics people don't always ask about {usually because people don't want to pry too much} but know people are curious about.  Some of the questions I get asked often, or at least find people to be curious about are the following:
  • How do you afford twins?
  • How many diapers do you go through with twins?
  • How do you breastfeed twins?
  • How do you shop or go anywhere by yourself with twins?
  • Did you have to have a cesarean?
  • Was your twin pregnancy difficult?
  • Did your body change after twins?
  • What is the best way to help a new mom of twins?
  • What is the must-have twin baby equipment? Do you really need two of everything?
  • Do your twins sleep in the same crib?
  • Do you ever get any sleep?
  • Is keeping a schedule really that important when you have twins?
  • Teething twins!  What was that like?
  • Is it difficult to get one-on-one time with your twins?
  • What is the bond between your twins like?
And the list goes on and on!  So here's to a month of writing about my mom of twin life!  Hopefully by the end of the month, all of your questions will be answered:)

No comments:

Post a Comment