In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Cranberry Bliss Cookies

 

You can't go through the holidays without baking cookies.  I like to bake.  I also like cookies.  What I don't like is having dozens of cookies around the house, because I am usually the only one who eats them!  My husband is really not a "sweets" kind of guy, but he will eat baked goods if they are fruity.  

This year I stumbled on this cranberry bliss cookie recipe from Cookies and Cups.  I saw  a few different versions of this cookie on Pinterest, but chose this recipe because it made three dozen cookies. I was looking for a new cookie to make for an event, but I also wanted to keep a dozen cookies at the house to see how my husband liked them.  Cranberry bliss cookies are now the Christmas cookie of choice in our home.  He loved them!  I mean, can you really go wrong with a basic butter cookie, filled with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips, topped with a cream cheese frosting, more cranberries and then drizzled with white chocolate?  We will be making these again next year for sure!


Ingredients:

Dough:
3/4 c. softened butter
2 oz. softened cream cheese
1 1/4 c. light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/4 c. flour
1 c. white chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped dried cranberries

Icing:
6 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 c. softened butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. melted white chocolate chips

Topping:
1/2 c. chopped dried cranberries
1/2 c. melted white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.  Beat in brown sugar.  Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt.  Once combined, slowly mix in flour.  Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.  Drop dough on cookie sheet two inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes.  For the icing, beat ingredients until smooth.  Ice cookies once they are cool.  Top with dried cranberries and drizzle with chocolate. 

Notes:
For best results chill dough for two hours or overnight.  Although, I didn't have time for that and mine turned out fine.  I found that the icing never set up enough to stack the cookies without messing up the icing.  I ended up serving them on two plates, instead of stacking them into a pile on one plate, like I normally do with cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment