In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, June 14, 2015

DIY First Father's Day Gift



With Father's Day being just one week away, I wanted to share what our twin boys did for their dad on his first father's day last year. I made something really simple and inexpensive, yet sentimental for Matt's first Father's Day. 

  • On a piece of card stock, I typed and printed the popular Father's Day poem.


FOOTPRINTS

"Walk a little slower, Daddy"
Said a child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps,
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, 
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I am all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
 Who will want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
 And know that I was true;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

  • I painted the boys tiny little three month old feet, and pressed their footprints on the card stock next to the poem.  This wasn't exactly easy, trying to stamp twenty wiggly baby toes to paper.  It took a bit of organization.  I had baby wipes nearby to quickly wipe off the paint, so I didn't make a big mess.  
  • Once the paint dried, I glued the card stock to piece of scrapbook paper that I cut to the size of an 8x10 frame.
  • Lastly, using a Dollar Tree frame, I framed the project.

 Daddy loved his gift!


 We ended up hanging it in the nursery with some other sentimental art!


I can't believe how little my boys were a year ago!  Time to get busy and work on this years Father's Day gift!  Seven days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment