In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Birthday Getaway




Today is my birthday, and it has been a wonderful day!  My husband really went out of his way to make it special for me.  He took me away for a weekend to Gatlinburg, TN.  We rented a cozy cabin in the mountains, and the entire weekend has just been perfect.  We planned the trip months ago, but my husband has really gone out of his way to make this day special for me.   This is going to be a short blog, so I can get back to my relaxing weekend; but I’m just going to take a few moments to brag on my husband by sharing some ways he made my day special.

1.)   I woke up and had some quiet time out on the deck with coffee and a great view.
2.)   My husband made me breakfast ~ bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls
3.)   We spent the morning in Gatlinburg.
4.)   We went back to the cabin to make lunch ~ grilled cheese and tomato soup…yum:)
5.)   We went shopping in Pigeon Forge.
6.)   We went back to the cabin to enjoy the hot tub.
7.)   We made dinner and ate birthday cake ~ red velvet…my favorite!
8.)   Did some reading by the fireplace.
9. )  I wrote this quick blog while my husband got caught up on ESPN.
10.) And now I am about to soak in a relaxing bath.

What a fantastic birthday!  God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, and I thank the Lord everyday for bringing him into my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment