In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Green, Green Grass








What’s that I see?  Could it be, could it be! Yes, it is!  I actually see green in my yard.  I can finally see the grass!  To some this may not be very exciting, but to me it is a sign ~ a sign of warmer days ahead.  I hope you are right Punxsutawney Phil, because here in central Indiana, the first snow was December 1.  Since I was on vacation the one week the snow melted in early January, I have been looking at a white mess for two and a half months.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love snow.  I love cuddling up on the couch by candle light with a warm blanket, a cup of coffee and a good book on a cold winter’s day, but I have to say at this point I am kind of over this year’s harsh winter.  I am over the snow, ice, sub zero temperatures, the expensive heating bills, the pot holes….you name it…..if it’s related to winter, I’m kind of over it.  I am soooo ready for spring and the warmer days it will bring.  Now I do understand that I live in the Midwest.  At any point in the next three months it would not be surprising to see more snow, but for now I will rejoice in this week’s warm up.  I will rejoice in the melting of the snow and ice.  I will rejoice in the green, green grass.

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment