In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Farmer's Market and Quality Time


I love a great farmer's market!  I love the freshness of the whole experience. Although he farmer's market is better mid to late summer, because the selection of the produce is better, I still love opening day at the market.  It's a sign of the beginning of summer, and I love that!  Matt and I had actually planned to go down town this morning to City Market, and then grab some lunch on Mass Ave.  Plans quickly changed when we discovered that opening day at the down town farmer's market isn't until next week.   Instead of going down town, we went to opening day at our local farmer's market ~ Saxony Farmer's Market. 

It's the beginning of the season, and there wasn't a great selection of fresh produce.  Although it was slim pickins, we managed to find some great looking corn on the cob and tomatoes.  Can't wait to grill out for the first time this year!

The farmer's market always has several different vendors from the community.  We enjoyed a raspberry-lemon scone from the Bakery at Geist vendor. Yum:-)
After the farmer's market, we took a short drive to Hamilton Town Center for some lunch and shopping.  It turned out to be a beautiful morning for some outdoor shopping.  I love this mall especially in the warmer months.  I also love that it's so close to home:)

Matt decided he was in the mood for Noodles and Company.  He ordered from the Asian menu, and enjoyed the Japanese pan noodles .....

....while I stuck with the American menu and enjoyed the hamburger mac & cheese,

~ although you can't tell I'm enjoying it, because this picture is awful.  Matt really needs to tell me when he's taking a picture:) ~

After a week apart, taking a Saturday off of work was just what the doctor ordered.  It's not very often we both have a Saturday off of work.  In fact, it rarely ever happens, because I'm committed to working Saturdays unless I specifically ask off in advance.   I'm so glad I requested today off, because an enjoyable morning of quality time was exactly what we needed.  By early afternoon, we were back home where a walk in the neighborhood, an afternoon nap and a lazy evening on the couch awaited us.  What a great way to spend our Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment