In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mod Podge Monogram

 Last week, I did a super easy decoupage project with a cardboard monogram. 

Supplies needed: cardboard  monogram, one piece of scrabook paper, pencil or pen, paint, mod podge


Remember my $.25 paper from South Side Shopping Day.  Well, I finally got to use it for this project.

I bougt this cardboard monogram at JoAnn Fabric.  I can't remember the exact price, but it was less than $3.
Having done several decoupage projects in the past, I usually always have mod podge on hand.



Directions:
1.  trace the cardboard monogram onto a piece of scrapbook paper two times
2.  cut out the letters
3.  paint all of the edges of the cardboard monogram (both inside and outside)
3.  once the paint is dry, mod podge one side of the card board
4. firmly place one of the paper letters to the cardboard
5. continue by mod podging the entire paper letter
6. let dry and repeat steps 4-6 to the back side of the cardboard
7. mod podge all the painted edges of the cardboard and let dry




Before


After



       I'm loving the finished project!  Ignore the empty planter....that's just another project that I still have to complete.  This project was easy and inexpensive.  The entire project cost me around $3 since I already had mod podge and paint.  Even if I had to by those two supplies, this project is easily less than $10.  Over all, I'd say my $3 was well spent:)




15 comments:

  1. Love it! Hopping by to follow! Come follow me? Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project! I am now following you from the hop and would love it if you could return the favor at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute. Thanx for following. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just darling! I love that paper. Thank you so much for coming by and sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love monograms and yours is stunning - the paper is perfect!! Glad I found you from the Thrifty Nifty Linky. I posted something too! Hugs, Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, I love the swirlie black and white! Thank you for sharing it, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Share the Wealth Wednesday, glad to have you again! I love the finished product. I need more shelves so I can put lots of pretty things up like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I would have never thought to use a cardboard letter!
    I am your newest follower- and I would love to have you follow me back!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! This could be used so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it looks great! So easy, but so classy. Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I have letters I need to make like that! Thanks for the great tutorial! Stopping by from Lucy Lu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!!
    Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete