In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Adding Crystal Bling to a Broken Candleabra

 
I bought a candelabra on clearance at Kirkland’s years ago for less than $10.  It had a nice old-world look to it, and I used in both of my apartments and our last home.  The glass candle holders broke during our last move, and I have been trying to think of a way to utilize it in our new home. 


I thought that if I added a little bling to it, I could use it in our master bedroom,so  I bought some jewelry crystals at Hobby Lobby and added them to the candelabra. 


Since the glass candle part was broken, the crystals just made it pretty, not practical.....but then I found these uniquely sized candle holders at Old Time Potter for $1.99 each, and I thought they would actually work for this project.  When I got them home, I realized they weren't the perfect fit, but they would still work for what I needed. 


I really like this updated look, and I think it really works in our bedroom.  So next time you're thinking you need to get rid of something, maybe you just need to update it with a little bit of bling;)

No comments:

Post a Comment