In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The First Saturday of the Month at Goodwill




                  It’s the first Saturday of the month, and do you know what that means?  Well, if you ever shop at Goodwill,you know that means that today everything in the store is 50% off.  Now that the cold weather is here, much of the time and energy that I spent on garage sales in the warmer months is spent thrifting in other ways during the colder months.  This weekend is a perfect example of that.  You see, there are six Goodwill stores 10-15 minutes from our house.  Yesterday, I scouted all of them out, and today I woke up early and hit up the ones that looked promising from yesterday’s searching.  Unfortunately, I didn’t see anything big at the stores that we are need of….at least not this month.  I did see a few smaller things, such as lamps, that I went back for today.  I didn’t really intend on shopping for clothes today, but at the last Goodwill I stopped at, I allowed myself to look at the clothing rack and ended up getting a few nice things for winter.  Overall, it was a good Goodwill day. J

A 20 dollar bill paid for all of the these clothes, and I even got some change back:)

$2 Gap jean skirt, $2 Kohl’s skirt, $2 red Charlotte Russe shirt, $2 Kohl’s zip-up sweater/hoodie

$2 Target short sleeve black sweater, $2 Kohl’s grey sweater/cardigan

$3 Target sundress that would be adorable in the summer with a pair of sandals......or in the spring with a light pink cardigan and black ballerina flats........ or in the fall and winter with a pair of black boots, a black cardigan or my new $2 red Target cardigan:)

For the guest room, I purchased a coffee table for $2 that I am going to transform into a bench for the end of the bed with a little bit of foam, batting and fabric.  I also got the purple basket for $2.50 and the lamps, which are really nice looking lamps, for $7 each.  $7 is kind of high for a Goodwill lamp, but they are really nice and I sort of fell in love with them:)

This floor lamp was $6.....

.....and the lampshade was $2.  I have plans for both the lamp and the lampshade.  Can't wait to get started on it:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my you scored some great finds. I only found a pizza and cookie pan (unopened) for a buck and a pretty mirror tray for $1.50. Your GW's are awesome!

    ReplyDelete