In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, July 28, 2016

DIY No-Sew Crib Bumpers

I have a few important facts to share regarding the crib bedding for my kids.
 
1)  I LOVE the crib bedding from Carousel Designs.
 
2)  I can't afford, nor justify spending hundreds of dollars on crib bedding.
 
3)  I can make my own for a fraction of the cost.

4)  But I don't sew!
If you recall, I fell in love with the navy chevron crib bedding from Carousel Designs for my twins, but refused to pay close to $500 for two sets.  And so I attempted no-sew bumpers and crib skirts, and to my surprise they worked!  My boys were in cribs till 22 months of age, and the no-sew crib bedding held up just fine.
I made Charlotte's bumper exactly like I made the boys' bumpers.  I'm not going to rewrite the tutorial, but you can find it here.  Please check it out for a detailed description of no-sew crib bumpers, as well as why I chose to use bumpers when they are somewhat controversial these days. 
The only thing different for my girl bumper is where I bought fabric and supplies.  I bought everything from Hobby Lobby this time. 

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome of my DIY crib bedding for both of my boys and now for our little girl.

3 comments:

  1. I am a regular user of your post, this one also was very interesting and well written. keep sharing the great work
    For astorlogy service contact
    Vashikaran Astrologer in Mumbai City

    ReplyDelete
  2. We appreciate you sharing your knowledge in this post. Read this article—it's simple and worth it Minecraft Tips. There are several game types, such as creative, adventure, and survival.

    ReplyDelete