In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Healthy Egg Muffins { great for toddlers and adults love them too! }



On Monday I posted a few toddler recipes and mentioned that this week I had planned on sharing all sorts of healthy toddler food recipes that my boys like.

And then came Tuesday.

Tuesday was a busy day for me, which meant I did not get a chance to sit down to the computer for my blog time.  In fact, I had such a busy day on Tuesday, that on Wednesday, I decided to have a rainy lazy day with my kids, which meant no household chores or blogging!  I was only allowed to play and cuddle with my little guys all day, via strict instructions from myself of course!

And so here we are on Thursday.  I think I finally have some things organized to get a post or two up today. 

Today, I want to share scrambled egg muffins, which are by no means strictly a "toddler food".  In fact, I served these at our family Christmas brunch last year, and they were a hit.  What makes them nice for toddlers, is that they are a good finger food for toddlers to pick up without making a huge mess.

I usually make these after homemade pizza night.  I like to use leftover pizza and caprese salad ingredients for these muffins ~ which in our family that means I have leftover spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, or sometimes it is ham and cheddar.  

We often have homemade pizza on Friday nights, so these little muffins make great additions to Saturday breakfast or brunch.  They keep in the fridge for a few days, so I love that I can grab these for a quick Sunday morning breakfast before church too.

You could really use a variety of ingredients for these muffins, and it couldn't be easier!  Just mix up your chopped ingredients with your eggs, place them in a greased muffin tin, cook and enjoy!  It's that easy!


For my toddlers, these will often get served with berries and a piece of toast with avocado spread on the toast.  Healthy and yummy!  There is nothing on this plate my boys wont' eat!

INGREDIENTS:
8 eggs 
salt and pepper
1/2 c. shredded cheese
about 1 c. chopped vegis or meats of choice

DIRECTIONS:
Wisk eggs. Add salt and pepper. Mix in other ingredients. Pour into a greased muffin tin with or without muffin liners. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are firm. Yields 12 egg muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment