In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Real Life Love Story ~ Part 3 (Engaged)


My real life love story continues with a post about how my man asked me to marry him.  You can read more about this story at the following links :





It was Friday, February 6, 2009.  I had left my classroom around   From there, I drove to my apartment to get ready for a typical date night with Matt.  I was ready by , and sine I had a few things to drop off at Matt’s house, we made plans for me to meet him at his house rather than having him pick me up at my apartment.  On the way to his house, I received a text message from him telling me to use the garage code to let myself in the house.  As I opened the door, I noticed that the lights were off.  When I turned the corner, I saw a candle lit path of red rose petals that began in the kitchen, led me through the living room and down the hall way to the farthest point of the house in one of the back bedrooms.  At the end of the path stood the most caring man I knew.  As I approached him, he got down on one knee and out of his mouth came the four words that every little girls dreams of hearing ~ “Will You Marry Me?”.  I quickly said yes as he slipped the ring on my finger and embraced me with a tender kiss.  The entire proposal was such a brief moment in time, but it was a moment that I will never forget.


After we called family and friends, we continued on with our typical Friday night date activities ~ dinner and good conversation.  After stuffing ourselves at Cheesecake Factory, we went back to his place and stayed up late into the night talking about our future together.  And that’s pretty much it.  That’s how my man asked me to marry him!



People ask me all the time if I was surprised when Matt asked me to marry him, to which my answer is always no.  In fact, we already had most of the wedding planned before I even got the ring on my little left finger.  I knew he was waiting on me to officially meet his mother before he popped the question, even though a wedding was in the works.   Having met his mom the weekend before he asked me to marry him, I was expecting a proposal around Valentine’s Day.  Although I wasn’t surprised that he asked me, I was surprised about when and how he popped the question.  Like I said, I was expecting him to ask me on Valentine’s Day weekend, and since he’s not a very creative person, I was just expecting him to ask me very simply over dinner.   The candles and the rose petals were very surprising, because as thoughtful and caring as Matt is, he is just not a romantic.  When I asked him how he came up with the idea, he said he found the idea on the internet – LOL!  Now that sound more like my man!  Whether he thought of it himself or Google helped him out, it was still a lovely way to ask me to be his wife, and I will never forget the night my man asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. 






2 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially how God moved and created this relationship! :D Reminds me of something about staying in a castle...

    ReplyDelete