In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Date Night



               Do you ever have one of those weeks when you only see your spouse in passing?  Matt and I kind of had one of those weeks.  He worked a lot of hours this week, and when I wasn't working, I was doing school work.  That's why after packing a picnic and a change of clothes for my husband, I sent him a text yesterday that read as follows:  Please meet me at the park after work for dinner and conversation. 
                We usually have a date night at the end of the week.  Sometimes our dates are a well thought out plan, and other times our dates are just a casual dinner.  Since we didn't make any plans prior to last night, I decided to throw together a last minute picnic.  It's not uncommon for us to have picnics throughout the summer.  I usually make dinner at home and take it to the park, but yesterday, the only thing I had time to do was grab Subway and a bag of chips. That's a plus to having a picnic ~ they don't usually cost a lot of money.  While picnics are super casual,  they tend to bring the feeling of solitude which makes for pleasant conversation.  And of course, an evening stroll is always a nice way to end the date before heading back home:)
                Wether you have a casual picnic or a fancy dinner, I encourage you to make date night a weekly ritual in your marriage.  There's something about getting out of the house and away from the evening routine that is beneficial to marital bliss.  Remember, you don't have to spend a lot of money to spend quality time with the one you love. 

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I do have a date night, every Friday! Love the picnic idea and I love subway!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Post. Such valuable information. Thanks for sharing with everyone.
    Do you want to know about the best Courses After 12th for science students? Then you have chosen the right path to know about the best available courses for a science student after 12th. You will find the available course here pretty easily because we have made it simple for you by placing a link here. You just have to click that link and get what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your commitment to using articles to share knowledge. This one is not any different. I found this article by chance, and it's worth Spacebar Clicker challenge . Using the spacebar clicker is an excellent method to sharpen your timing and test your reflexes.

    ReplyDelete