In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Real Life Love Story Part 7 - Then and Now

      

The last post in my love story series has finally been typed.  My original intent was to post about this each day leading up to June 26, but to my dismay it has taken me six long weeks to complete this series.  What can I say.....blogging is a hobby....it's not a priority.  Either way, I complete my real life love story with a post entitled, "Then and Now."


        Three years ago I was a single school teacher living in an 800 sq. ft. apartment (beautifully decorated of course).  I was working all the time, but I was very happy with the life I was living.  Now I'm married to a good man and I'm no longer a teacher.  My master bedroom is quite possibly bigger than that tiny apartment, and if I didn't want to work, I wouldn't have to work.  It's hard to believe that just three years ago I was finding myself at the bank more often than I needed to be, just to get to know someone that I was completely drawn to from the moment I met him.  Now, that special someone wakes up by my side every morning and is a reminder of how good God is to me. 
         Yes, it's amazing how fast things can change in life.  I was happy before I met the love of my life, but I must confess that having Matt in my life brings about a whole different kind of happiness.   In three years time we met, dated, got engaged, got married, got married again, sold a home, bought a home, had a few job changes, and did a little bit of traveling. 
         So what's next for us?  Over the next few years, we would like to do more traveling, finish all of the many projects in our new home and eventually start a family, but who's to say when or if any of that will fall into place.   You see, that's the beauty of a love story.  This blog series may be over, but the story isn't over ~ in fact, it's just beginning.  Who knows what life has in store for us as we grow together? 
         Whatever life has in store for us, we know it won't always be easy.  Let's face it ~ marriage takes a lot of work!  Oh, I'm sure that before our love story comes to an end, there will be trials that test the very foundation on which we stand.  And I'm sure that we will journey through life's failures and disappointments.  But I'm also sure that if we focus on the One who brought us together, we will be able to withstand the difficult times.  We have been given free will, and we have the power to choose to do what is right when it comes to our marriage.  Regardless of what difficulties come our way, through divine grace we can choose a failed marriage or a happily ever after.  It is our prayer that we continue to keep God the focus of our marriage, so that our children and children's children will someday be able to look back on our love story and say....... and they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment