In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls




           I am a big cream cheese fan and tend to be drawn to recipes that have cream cheese as one of the main ingredients.  These sausage and cream cheese crescent rolls are one of my favorite cream cheese recipes.  My husband loves to eat them during a football game, but I’ve made them for all sorts of casual gatherings.  They always go over well, and they are a super-easy three-ingredient recipe.  They'd also be a really good breakfast or brunch dish.  I first had these bite-size snacks at a gathering my grandma had a few years ago.  I’m pretty sure I ate most of the ones on the plate that day.  I asked for the recipe, and I’ve been making them ever since.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. J




INGREDIENTS
2 cans of 8 crescent rolls
1 8oz. package of cream cheese
1 lb. of ground sausage

* I use two packs of cream cheese and three cans of crescent rolls to make the mixture, because I like mine creamier on the inside.


DIRECTIONS
Cook sausage and drain excess grease.  While sausage is warm, mix in cream cheese (mixing with hands works best).  Spoon the mixture onto the individual crescents.  Roll each crescent roll trying to completely cover the mixture while rolling.  Bake according to crescent roll directions on package.


No comments:

Post a Comment