In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vintage Charm

         
            I told you that I would keep you posted on any crafty creations that were inspired from a recent craft fair that I attended and wrote about in this post.  Well, here it is.  Here is my first attempt at jewelry making. 

            I don’t know that I would really call it jewelry making, because all that I did was attach some charms to a chain.  And considering that fact that I made it in the car…at night….while I was waiting on Matt to pick up his Chinese take-out from Happy Cuisine.... well, I’m just sayin’ that I’m  not sure most people would call that jewelry making, but you got to start somewhere I guess. 

            Anyway, the following supplies cost me around $12 with the weekly sales at my local craft store, and I was able to make two necklaces with enough chain left over for another long necklace:  chain, clasp, one large charm, package of three small charms.  I had the ribbon at home, so I didn’t need to buy that. 

            I saw similar necklaces at the craft fair selling for $20-$25.  I fell in love with the vintage charm when I saw them.  My necklaces averaged $6 to make myself.  I’m happy with that price, and I really like the results:)

No comments:

Post a Comment