Friday, December 2, 2011
Upcycled Wall Decor With Dollar Tree Decal
The Christmas season is upon us, and I have a project for all of you crafty readers out there looking for ideas to make Christmas gifts on a budget. This upcylced project cost me all of $3 and could be a thoughtful yet inexpensive Christmas gift for those on a tight budget this year!
Using a $2 sign from Goodwill, a $1 decal from the Dollar Tree, some white sample chalk paint that I got for free when I ordered my graphite chalk paint., and some spare ribbon from my craft closet, I was able to make the outdated "angels" sign into a fresh, modern "welcome" sign for our home.
1. this could work with any piece of wood...new or old
2. if using an old sign, paint over sign with chalk paint and let dry
3. if you don't have chalk paint, sand and prime before painting over the old sign
4. once dry, place decal over painted wood
5. if wood already has holes, pull ribbon through holes and hang on wall
6. if wood doesn't have holes, drill holes or use brackets to hang on wall