In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, July 24, 2014

DIY Flower Lamp Shade


This week I've been sharing projects that I completed for our guestroom last summer.  I’m finishing off this week’s blog posts with a lamp shade project.  I think I originally saw a lampshade project like this on Pinterest and was inspired to make my own.  While this project is easy and inexpensive, it is time-consuming.  It’s a lot like the Coffee Filter Lamp Shade I made.  I recommend watching a television series on Netflix while working on this project to help the time pass;)


To start this project, I bought a yard of white linen at the fabric store and cut/tore it into one inch strips.


Then I started rolling the fabric around my fingers….


….until I had something that looked like this.


Then I loosened the fabric until it looked like a flower


Lastly, I hot glued each individual flower to the lampshade I found at Goodwill.


I strategically placed each flower around the shade making sure the shade looked full but not crowed.

And a few hours later, I had a lamp shade that looked like this.  I'm pleased with the outcome of this project.  I think the lamp is beautiful when it's turned on. The lamp and shade were from Goodwill, costing around $5 before the project.  After purchasing fabric and a package of hot glue, the cost of the finished lamp was around $10.



To see more of the projects for the guestroom, click the following links:


No comments:

Post a Comment