In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DIY Monogram Nursery Wall Art


I knew I wanted something simple to hang over the babies' cribs and thought that DIY monogram wall décor would be the perfect piece of art for the space.

Supplies needed for this project:  picture frame, burlap, wooden letters, paint, ribbon, hot glue gun


I re-purposed two identical picture frames from Goodwill for this project.  I purchased them on the first Saturday of the month when everything in the store is half off, so I only spent $2 for each frame.  I removed the glass from the frame, as I did not need it for this project.


I then cut a piece of burlap to fit the cardboard backing of the frame. Then I hot glued the edge of the burlap to the edge of the backing of the frame.  It doesn't take much burlap.  I had some leftover scraps from a previous project, so that is what I used for this project. 


Next, I purchased two thin wooden letters from Hobby Lobby.  I purchased an “A” for Aaron and “E” for Ethan, the monogram of each of my twin boys' names.  The letters are $2.99 each.   You can use coupons or wait for wooden crafts to go on sale.

I then painted the letters navy blue, using acrylic craft paint.  Once they were dry, I hot glued the letters to the burlap covered backing of my picture frame and placed the backing back into the frame.


Lastly, I used some scrap ribbon I had in my craft drawer and hot glued a piece of ribbon to the top of the frame. 

Because my frame, burlap, cardboard backing and thin wooden letters are light-weight, the hot glued piece of ribbon is strong enough to hold the finished product to the wall.


1 comment:

  1. Aw, your sweet wall makes me smile. Love that you could do it on a budget, too. Your baby is blessed. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete