In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Birthday With the Hubs


So I turned twenty-eight today.  That’s just two years away from the big 3-0….yikes, I’m gettin’ old!  Actually, twenty-eight doesn’t feel too bad.  I think I may think differently when I leave my twenties and enter my thirties.
My darling husband always says that he gets screwed, because my birthday is just five days after Valentine’s Day.  I have little sympathy for him.  I figure he can just get two big days of the year out of the way in one week, since we can’t change either date.  He’s actually pretty good about treating me nice for my birthday.  Since my birthday usually falls around President’s Day, we try to get away for the long weekend.  Things didn’t go quite as we planned this weekend though, and our getaway is being postponed for the time being.

The hubs did, however, do a really nice job trying to make my day special, even though I was kind of bummed that we didn’t get to go away this weekend.  This morning, he woke up and made me breakfast before our church services.  Then he surprised me and told me that he was taking me out to lunch, my choice of course, and afterwards he was taking me shopping.  Anywhere I wanted to go he would take me without any complaints.
The hubs was a real trooper today.  I chose Cheesecake Factory for lunch….no surprise there.  Shopping was fun too.  He didn’t complain one time, and we had a really great time spending the afternoon together.  A quick stop by Starbucks on the way home was icing on top of the cake:)  Overall, my husband is….well, he’s just a pretty awesome guy:)  He’s so thoughtful, and I feel very blessed to have him.  Here’s to growing old with the one I love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment