In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Decoupaged $5 Goodwill Table


I’ve shown you a lot of decoupage projects lately, so I thought I’d show you another one that I did years ago.  When I got my first apartment, my entire apartment was furnished from thrift stores.  Here’s how I turned an ugly side table into a usable piece for that apartment.

First, I bought a random $5 table from Goodwill that met the size requirements I was looking for.  Then, I painted the table black.  Once the table was dry, I applied a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the table and quickly placed scrapbook paper on top of the wet glue.  I used four pieces of scrapbook paper that looked like pages from a dictionary and left a few inches of painted black edge along the top of the table.  Lastly, I applied a second layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper, and then let it dry. 


After supplies, this table was less than $10.   I still use this table in our house now, so I’d say I got my ten bucks worthJ

2 comments:

  1. Nobody would ever know that was a $10 table unless you told them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart! Thank you for this idea! Might do this to my old table at home :) -Patrick Tan

    ReplyDelete