In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, February 27, 2012

Decoupage Tray


I have one last decoupage project to share with you this month.  I decoupaged this tray  awhile back but haven’t posted about it until now.  As all decoupage projects tend to be, this is a really easy project that can be customized to someone’s personal taste.

 
First, I bought a wooden tray.  Most all craft stores have them for around $5.  I got lucky and found one at Goodwill for $2.   Secondly, I painted my tray.  Then, using two pieces of scrap book paper, I began decoupaging the top of the tray.  To do this, I applied a layer of Mod Podge to the bottom of the paper and glued it to the tray, then I applied a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the paper and let it dry.

 
I liked the simple look of the black and white polka dots, but the beauty of using scrapbook paper is the variety that craft stores offer.  Keep in mind that any kind of paper works for decoupage projects.  You don’t need to limit yourself to only using scrapbook paper.


All in all, this project cost me less than $5. This tray gets used on a daily basis, so we certainly got our $5 worth out of it;)

1 comment: