In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Asian Style Zucchini


A few weeks ago, I was in search of new ways to use up zucchini.  I found a few recipes that took an Asian spin on sauteed zucchini.  I decided to take some of those ingredients, all of which I already had in the house, and I came up with my own version of an Asian zucchini side dish.

This recipe was easy and took minimal ingredients.  It's also very versatile.  If you don't have sesame oil, you could just use olive oil.  I think the sesame oil gives good flavor.  Ginger is also optional.  Not everyone likes ginger, but I think it brings out more of an Asian flavor to the dish.  

This dish ended up being a good use of  my garden zucchini and was a simple side to an Asian meal I had planned for a weeknight supper. It will definitely served for supper again in the near future. 


INGREDIENTS:
2 medium zucchini, sliced into thin slices
1 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. sesame oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. minced ginger
1 to 2 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbs. sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS:
On medium to medium/high heat warm up olive oil and sesame oil.  Add garlic, ginger and soy sauce.  Give a few stirs, then saute zucchini until zucchini is tender.  Top with sesame seeds and serve over a bed of rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment