In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Chocolate Zucchini Raspberry Cupcakes



I enjoy using zucchini when baking, as zucchini always gives a moist texture to baked goods. A couple of months ago, I tried this zucchini raspberry cucake recoipe from All Recipes.  

I made these cupcake for a date night with my husband, a picnic in the park towards the end of spring.  I love chocolate in my desserts, and he loves fruit in his desserts.  This was a win-win for the both of us.  We both really enjoyed this recipe.


INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. softened butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. buttermilk 
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 1/4 c. fresh raspberries
1 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and set aside.  Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamed.  Add eggs one at a time.  Mix in vanilla.  Pour in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until just incorporated.  Fold in zucchini, raspberries and chocolate chips until just combined.  Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tins 3/4 of the way full.  Bake for 20 minutes or until center pokes clean.  Let cool before frosting.  Garnish with a raspberry and sprig of mint.

ICING:
I used my cream cheese frosting recipe (8 oz softened cream cheese, 4 tbs. butter, 1-2 c. powdered sugar, tbs. vanilla). A chocolate or raspberry whipped frosting would also be good with these cupcakes, making the frosting light and airy.  Also, when I pipe frosting on a cupcake, I usually just use a zip-lock freezer bag that I cut the corner off of to create a tip.

***  These cupcakes are a little on the dense side.  Still very good, but I might try a little less flour next time I make them.


No comments:

Post a Comment