In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Zucchini Brownies



Tonight I made my favorite zucchini recipe.  Zucchini brownies are a chocolaty treat that are super moist from what else, but zucchini!  It would be wonderful if these were healthy, just because they have a vegetable in them. That's not the case though, so these are definitely a treat that I only make once in awhile.  

started making these brownies a few years ago.  This recipe has been a keeper in my home ever since.  I originally found the recipe here from The Pioneer Cookbook.  The only thing I do differently from the original recipe is that I do not add nuts.  Neither my husband or myself like nuts in our baked goods. I think these are best when they are served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (sugar free and low fat if I'm eating it) and some fresh raspberries on top.  Mmm Mmm Good! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 zucchini, pealed and shredded (about two cups)
1 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/3 tsp. salt
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 c.  butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. chocolate chips (i prefer milk chocolate chips)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl and set a side.  In a food processor, process the shredded zucchini and set aside.  In a separate bowl, cream eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla.  Stir in Zucchini.  Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix well.  Bake in a greased 9x9 pan for 40-50 minutes or until center pokes clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment