In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, July 13, 2015

Blackberry Lime Cheesecake Tart



It's been a busy few weeks at our house, and it's looking like it won't be slowing down anytime soon.  While I am trying to get a few blog posts in here and there, my blog time is not a priority, which sort of explains my lack of posts lately.


I do have a few minutes to quickly get a blog post up this afternoon, while my little guys are napping, so today I'm going to share the recipe for the delicious blackberry lime cheesecake tart I made my husband for Father's day.


My husband is not really a dessert kind of guy, but when he does eat sweets, he likes them to be fruity.  Knowing that he loves berries and citrus flavors, I thought this blackberry lime cheesecake tart I had pinned away on a Pinterest board would be a refreshing summer treat for Father's Day. 


I made a few adaptions from the original recipe, but this tart did not disappoint!   My husband loved it, and to my surprise, I loved it too!  I am more of a chocolate kind of girl, but this tart was really good!  It was a very easy and refreshing summer dessert!


CRUST:
1 c. plus one tbs. all purpose four
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbs. sugar
8 tbs. unsalted butter
1/4 c. ice water

*** see link above to the original recipe for directions for crust

*** I used a store bought graham cracker crust instead of making my own crust, just to simplify things a little.  Plus I thought the graham cracker crust would go better with this tart.

FILLING:
1 egg
6 oz. softened cream cheese
1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt
1/2 c. sugar, divided
1.2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1 pint of blackberries
zest of one lime
Juice of one lime
3 tbs. of corn starch

*** Original recipe used whole milk yogurt instead of Greek yogurt.  I used nonfat plain Greek yogurt because it is a staple in my house, and I wanted to keep the calories down. 

***The recipe also did not call for the juice of a lime.  I knew my husband loved the flavor of lime, so I added it for additional citrus flavor.

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg.  Mix in cream cheese, yogurt and lime juice until well combined. Fold in 1/4 of cup of sugar and the vanilla.  Toss the berries with the remaining sugar, lime zest and corn starch. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust and scatter berry mixture evenly on top.  Bake 55 minutes, or until no longer jiggly and the middle begins to crack a bit. Cool for an hour and place in refrigerator.  Best if served chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment