In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, April 24, 2015

Dr. Seuss First Birthday Party for Twins - Part 3 (Welcome Table)


Yesterday, I told you that I was working on a blog series about our twin boys’ Dr. Seuss first birthday party.  I mentioned that I would be sharing where I got things for the party or how I made things for the party.

  With out further ado, this morning I want to share with you how I put together the “welcome table” for the party.  To start with, I didn’t actually use a table. I happened to have a corner shelf in our loft that usually has a floral arrangement on it.  For the party, I put the floral arrangement in a closet and used the corner shelf as our welcome table. 
I used a variety of Dr. Seuss items to decorate the shelf.  We already had the Dr. Seuss stuffed animal.  All of the other Dr. Seuss stuffed animals and small books were given to us by a friend.  She saw my post on Facebook about my theme being Dr. Seuss and graciously gave me a big box of Dr. Seuss items that her little boy had outgrown.  What a blessing that was!  She said she bought all of the stuffed animals from Kohl's. 

I wanted to display the boys' party invitation on the welcome table, so I placed an invitation in Dr. Seuss' lap.  Yesterday, I shared that I ordered the invitations from this Etsy shop.

I also purchased a printable PDF file of the adorable sign for the guest book.  I printed the sign on my home computer and put it in a black frame from the Dollar Tree.

I purchased the printable sign from this Etsy shop for $1.

I used the Happy Birthday To You book by Dr Seuss as the birthday guestbook.  All of the guests wrote birthday messages to the boys on various pages throughout the book.

When I couldn't find this book at my local thrift stores or Half Priced Books, I ordered a gently used copy of the book off of Amazon for $7.
I made the party sign by enlarging arrows on Microsoft Word, typing in Cosmic Sans font inside the arrows and printing the arrows out on construction paper that I bought from the Dollar Tree.

I then glued little Dr. Seuss hats that I printed, using free clip art from the internet.

I taped my arrows to three red and white paper straws that had been taped together.  I bought a pack of paper straws at Walmart in the cake decorating section for $2.

The sign was placed in a red bucket that is used as decoration in the boys' bathroom.  The bucket was filled with crinkle cut paper shred that I bought from the Dollar Tree.

Next to the shelf, I had the boys' art easel displayed with a simple "happy birthday"....
....
....the "O N E" I displayed, because we used the letters as a photo prop for their one year old pictures (if you look closely you can see that Ethan chewed all over the "O" and tore it up, Ha!) ....

....and also displayed on the easel were personalized picture frames of the boys' individual one year pictures.
As people came up the stairs to the party, I had a simple welcome sign that I made on the computer using free clip art.
At the bottom of the stairs was a balloon purchased from Party City and a Seussville sign pointing in the direction of the the party.
I made the sign on my computer.  The fish bowl was free Dr. Seuss clip art found on line, printed onto card stock and cut out.  The arrow was made just like the arrow sign by the guestbook.

And that pretty much sums up this post.  That's how I chose to put together a "welcome table" for the party.


No comments:

Post a Comment