In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mediterranean Salad (with Chickpeas, feta, cucumbers and tomatoes)


We've had a lot of rain this summer!  Not everything in my garden has done well, thanks to the abundant moisture, but my cucumber plants have done fabulous this year!  I planted one pickling cucumber plant and one burpless plant.  With cucumbers being picked on a daily basis, I have been looking for different ways to use up the cucumbers for things other than pickles.

Recently, I found this recipe for a cucumber salad with chickpeas and thought it sounded delicious.  It tasted wonderful!  It was a very refreshing salad with good Mediterranean flavors.

Of course part of what made this salad taste good to me was the dressing.  The original recipe said to use a vinaigrette of choice.  When looking at what I had in my fridge, I paired a Dijon dressing (specifically the KENS honey Dijon, my personal favorite) with a balsamic vinaigrette.  The flavors paired very nicely together.


INGREDIENTS:
one cucumber or 2 cups cut into small pieces
one can Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes quartered
1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped
4 oz of feta cheese, or more or less to your liking
2 tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
Vinaigrette of choice (I use 1/2 c. of any brand of balsamic and 1/2 c. KENS Healthy Options Honey Dijon Dressing)
Salt and pepper to taste, optional

DIRECTIONS:
Toss all ingredients together and let set in refrigerator a couple hours before serving to allow the flavors to set in


No comments:

Post a Comment