In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Avocado Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad (no-mayo chicken salad)



I use a lot of Greek yogurt in our home.  We use it in smoothies, mac and cheese and even biscuits!  This Avocado Greek yogurt chicken salad is a no-mayo chicken salad that is packed with protein.  I make this often for our little family, and will serve it as a simple evening supper or a quick Saturday lunch.  I originally found this recipe here and knew it was a  keeper the first time I made it.  I made a few tweaks to it, but overall, mine is pretty much the same recipe as the original.

My boys have been eating this stuff on toast since they were about ten months old, so it's a good toddler food as well.  The only thing I make sure to do when feeding this to my little ones is to pick out the onions (and even the chunks of cucumbers before they had molars) before giving it to them.  Of course if you don't like onions or cucumbers, those could be omitted, whether you have little ones or not. 

INGREDIENTS
2 12 oz. cans chicken, drain (or two to three cups of shredded chicken)
1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt (i usually use nonfat)
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
juice of a lime
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS

Smash up avocado and chicken until well combined.  Add yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir in onions and cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment